Any damaged file related to the Quickbooks application can lead to different issues while using the application. It can also lead to a loss of a lot of your unsaved or important data. Other than this, most company files can be damaged because of some other existing issue in the application. Fortunately, Quickbooks has introduced the Quickbooks file doctor tool to fix these damaged files or any issues related to your company file. In this article, we have explained to you how you can use and repair the damaged Quickbooks files. Stay tuned to the article till the end.
An Introduction to Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks file doctor is an Intuit product only and was released in 2012. This tool was designed to help the users resolve Quickbooks company file issues or network issues. The tool will be available in a built-in version for the Quickbooks version 2016 and above. For earlier versions, the Quickbooks file doctor tool is present in the standalone version. This is used to get rid of common company file issues that you can face like the Quickbooks 6000 error series or the network issues like Error H505, Error H202, and more.
Steps to Download Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
You can use two methods to download and install the Quickbooks file doctor tool on your system. In one method you can simply download it from the website and in the next method, you will have to use the Quickbooks tool hub. Check out the steps for both methods below.
Way 1: Using Official Website
- First, you need to visit the official Intuit website and then choose to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- After this, you will have to click on the file to open the installation window.
- Wait for the installation to complete. After the installation, the tool will start on its own.
- If it doesn’t, you need to choose the option to start.
- Follow the steps appearing on the screen to resolve issues.
Way 2: Using Quickbooks Tool Hub
- For this, you need to download the Quickbooks tool hub on your system.
- After this, save the downloaded file on the desktop and then click on it to open the installation window.
- Now, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions and then follow all the instructions.
- After the installation, start the tool on the system and then click on the company file issues.
- When done, you will have to choose the option to start Quickbooks file doctor.
The Process to Fix Damaged Company File Via QBFD
Now, as we have mentioned, the tool can help you to fix common issues, it can also help you to fix the damaged company files. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out the process.
- To start with, you need to open the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. After this, you need to choose the company file issues option.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to start the Quickbooks file doctor tool. Let the tool start on the system.
- Now, you need to click on the drop-down menu and then select the file that you wish to repair. If you are not able to find it, choose the Browse option and then redirect the tool to the folder of the company file.
- Next, choose the check option and then click on the continue option.
- When done, you need to enter your password and then choose the Next option.
- Let the scan complete and then open the company file on the system.
So, the damaged files can be a problem especially when you do not have a backup of the file. To resolve such situations, you can use the Quickbooks file doctor tool. The tool is easily available and is easy to use. We hope that the article has helped you to use and repair damaged files.