Uttanpadasana is derived from the Sanskrit word uttanapada, in which uttana means “to lift” and pada means “leg”. This yoga is done by lying on the back and raising both the legs upwards. That is why it is called Uttanpadasana. There are many postures of yoga, among them Uttanpadasana yoga is also a major asana, doing this asana is considered important in curing obesity, abdominal fat, constipation, gas indigestion and stomach related problems. With this yoga, you will not have any kind of stomach related disease and you will always be healthy. This is a classic pose that is performed in the supine position. People like it for a flat stomach and strong abs. If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh India.
Method of Uttanpadasana :
- To do Uttanapada posture, lie down on your back in a clean and clean environment.
- After this, join both the feet and the paws and keep both the hands near the body directly on the ground.
- Joining both the claws will pull it outwards.
- Keeping the hands on the ground, the feet will be raised from 30 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Inhale and exhale normally.
- Keep the body stable on the ground.
- The legs have to be kept straight, do not bend.
- Slowly lower the legs.
- Repeat this asana 3 to 4 times.
- The practice of Uttanpadasana is considered beneficial in curing problems like abdominal pain, constipation, gas etc.
- By doing this asana, pressure is created in the stomach, due to which it is considered effective in reducing belly fat and obesity.
- With its continuous practice, the stomach becomes strong.
- By doing this asana, the waist and legs get strong.
- It is beneficial for eyes and brain.
- Practicing this asana helps in curing anxiety and nervousness.
- Strengthens the lungs and increases capacity.
- Benefit in respiratory problem.
Easy way of Uttanpadasana :
People who have trouble lifting both legs. He can raise and lower his legs alternately.
When to Uttanpadasana :
The most benefit of this asana is by doing it on an empty stomach in the morning and evening.
Time limit :
After doing this asana for the first time, you can stabilize the legs by lifting them for 12 to 13 seconds. Its continuous practice can gradually increase the time limit.
- Uttanpadasana should not be done by these people who have back pain, back pain and serious stomach related problems.
- If any kind of surgery has been done then this asana should not be done.
- Pregnant and mentally ill women should not do this asana.
- If there is any kind of problem or problem while doing this asana, then this asana should be done under the guidance or supervision of a yoga guru and doctor.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh India.